The BYF seeks to impact the largest number of youth in a positive, constructive way. One way is investing in summer camping programs. These camps involve tens of millions of kids/youth throughout the U.S. each year where one life at a time gets deeply inpacted. Encompassing a region of Montana and Wyoming with a population of over 300,000 (this population represents almost a third of the population of Montana), Beartooth Mountain Christian Ranch (BMCR) is one such camp where thousands of kids/youth each summer find a safe enviorment of fun, challenging activities and quality education while building solid relationships between people based on biblical principles for life and successful community living. BMCR impacts more than a 1/100 ratio of this south-centeral Montana population base and has the most active youth focus in this area, and certainly the most active summer camping program. If BMCR did not exist, there would be a tremendous negative effect in this area due to the lack of positive, life-giving influence on summer staff, college students and kids/youth.
- Sever drought conditions in the eastern half of Montana have placed a serious financial burden on area agricultural businesses and families.
- There are minimal financial resources/grants available to Christian camps.
- The financial needs that camps have incurred due to price increases are more than what Montanans can or are willing to pay for through the standard camping fees.
- Increased numbers of families are financially incapable of sending their children/youth to camp, depriving these young people of positive reinforcement in their lives.
- Decreased giving to camps due to the other human needs from disasters throughout the world.
Your investment will impact:
- Program Development and Marketing
- Capital Construction and Repairs